Job ID: 19484
Are you passionate about data and would you like to build deep insight into the data landscape in Large Corporates and Institutions (LC&I), where data is the foundation of our business? We are now looking for a Data Governance Expert or Senior Data Governance Expert who will play a pivotal part in driving the implementation of Data Governance and ensure reliable and high quality data both for business and for regulatory purposes.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Data Governance team in LC&I Data Services. We add value to our business by securing clear and transparent ownership for our most valuable data assets - first and foremost to ensure data quality meets the consumers need. You will play a valuable role in supporting the operational implementation of data governance and data quality management, often in a complex data architecture landscape. In exchange, you will gain deep insight into Markets operations and business processes covering wide range of financial services in the Bank, such as trading, price verification and valuation processes, custody, safekeeping & settlement processes etc. You will also be able to build understanding of end-to-end data flows from our Front Office applications to financial, regulatory and risk reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
Depending on your previous work experience and ambitions, your role can include e.g.:
- Working closely together with the Data Owners in order to bring their respective data under governance. This will involve you working at different levels of data governance support ranging from the practical implementation of data governance to communicating our data governance framework
- Influencing data-driven decision making by driving improvement of overall data quality of LC&I data. This includes driving implementation of data quality controls and data quality measurements in key business processes
- Being responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of data governance implementations, which includes reviewing data quality requirements and controls, and supporting the business in resolving data quality issues
- Interacting with internal stakeholders in e.g. Markets & Treasury, IT, Group Risk as well as data consumers of market, trade, or instrument reference data.
- Developing data standards and support building business information models for our data subject areas
- Ensure that data standards are followed and e.g. data quality requirements are correctly represented data assets.
With us, you will work with an international team of skilled and dedicated professionals in a dynamic and inspiring working environment. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. The role can be based in Helsinki or Warszawa.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Understand the value and impact of efficient data management on business and are comfortable in challenging conversations.
- Are experienced in building strong stakeholder relationships and communicating effectively with all levels of employees and leadership stakeholders.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a complex environment, and have the ability to translate, operationalize and communicate theoretical data governance terms and concepts.
- Have a desire to learn, and personal drive for results combined with an ability to plan your own and others' work.
- Have solution-oriented and analytical mindset, good analytical skills and a structured approach to tasks. You are able to create the structure needed to succeed.
- Have excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
Desirable experience and background:
- You have a minimum of 2 of years relevant experience working with data in a business, project or data governance related role.
- Knowledge of the Markets business, trading systems or market data & valuation processes is an advantage.
- Information architect competence, e.g. transforming business requirements to data standards, data modelling skills such as developing business information models will be considered as a clear advantage.
We expect all our colleagues act inclusive, value diversity and continuously want to learn and share knowledge.
If this sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply and join us!
Submit your application no later than 07/10/2023. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Maria Luoto, email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or without a cover letter will not be accepted or considered.