We are now looking for an experienced colleague to join our People and Culture team as
Legal Counsel, Employment
As Legal Counsel, Employment, you will support unit leaders and People and Culture teams in interpreting labor legislation and collective agreements, as well as in matters related to possible employment disputes, M&A (employment legal questions) and various day to day matters related to the employment life cycle. The position also includes the responsibility of supporting business units in the execution of dialogue meetings and possible change negotiations with employee representatives and in negotiating collective agreements with the union representatives.
We hope you have experience in the application and interpretation of labor legislation in a company, organization, or a law firm. In addition, it is useful if you are familiar with collective agreements, have negotiated collective agreements and have advised on related issues.
- Follows and interprets labor legislation, policies, and agreements.
- Responsible for the CLA negotiation activities together with business units and employer union
- Maintains and develops relationships with unions and employee representatives.
- Responsible for supporting business units in the execution of dialogue meetings and possible change negotiations with employee representatives.
- Ensures that HR processes and policies comply with legislation and agreements.
- Master of Laws degree
- A minimum of 2-3 years of applicable professional experience from a law firm or as a company's in-house employment legal counsel.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills both in Finnish and in English.
- Works in a business- and solution-oriented way and in good cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Can do and hands-on attitude together with understanding the big picture.
- Ability to drive change, active and agile development mindset.
- A team player with an independent working style also under time pressure
- In hybrid working environment excellent ICT skills are necessary
If you recognize yourself and are willing to join our team, please send your application soonest, but no later than October 1st. We will start interviewing the most potential candidates already during the application period.
Should you have any questions about the role, please contact Marja-Leena Värtinen, Vice President, People and Business; +358 400 401952, preferably on Monday September 25th between 12-13.