Job ID: 19364
We are looking for a Team Leader to bring strong leadership and Data Management experience to Transaction Monitoring (TM) Data Management team. This role includes defining & implementing Future TM Data strategy, governing TM data and securing Data Management capabilities to Transaction Monitoring area. This is an opportunity for you to be part of one of the most exciting and challenging efforts going on within Nordea on our journey to fight against financial crime.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You’ll join Transaction Monitoring Production & Data Management sub-unit within Transaction Monitoring unit, where we run TM controls, manage TM data, and TM Issues & Incidents. As team leader, you will play an important role in ensuring your team is well equipped to manage TM data.
In TM Unit, we want to build teams where each team member is able to get the needed support from their leader and to secure a good work-life balance for our team leads. Your core capabilities within the team are to define future TM Data Strategy, Govern TM Data, drive Data quality (DQ) remediation, Reconcile data, Assess & secure documentation of changes. We have a diverse team of different backgrounds and levels of knowledge, where our focus is on continuously improving on both the individual and team level. Therefore, we are looking for a team leader that is readily providing support to the team in their deliverables as a servant leader, as well as someone who has the ability to create a great work place and coordinate key activities to attract, lead, and retain talented minds and diverse personalities across all of TM Production & Data Management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support and mentor a team of data analysts and stewards
- Set direction via team and individual goals, empower team members within their responsibilities and follow up on deliveries.
- Provide timely feedback, continuous coaching and evaluate and leverage performance.
- Coordinate and manage performance.
- Manage communication activities and weekly / monthly team meetings across TM Data team.
- Maintain onboarding process for TM Data team.
The role can be based in either Stockholm; Helsinki; Tallinn; Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
You are a dynamic leader with high energy and enthusiasm who can inspire, coach and develop a team of high performing employees. Welcome to our team where you can bring your talent and engagement to work in an international and dynamic environment.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a people orientated mindset and a passion for helping develop others.
- Have a desire to motivate and inspire others to create high performing teams.
- Constantly find ways to improve ways of working.
- Are results oriented, and able to operate under pressure in a changing environment.
- Are a people leader with a positive attitude and want to secure everyone's success in fighting against financial crime.
- Take initiative and work proactively under own direction with a strong track record of creating results.
- Have an eye for good communication – you are creative and always thinking of new ways to uplift communication within the teams and toward the wider organisation.
- Have strong collaboration skills and can work across the full organisation to align with all levels of stakeholders.
Your experience and background:
- Leadership/Management experience.
- Experience in Data Management / Governance & Data Quality Management
- Team player and “can-do” attitude.
- Strong networking skills.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- You have a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application, which includes a cover letter no later than 08/10/2023. Interviews will be held successively during the recruitment process based on candidates’ qualifications. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Rolands Ābele, Head of TM Production and Data Management, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 766 481 582.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.
Only for candidates in Sweden - for union information, please contact Finansförbundet at email@example.com or SACO at SacoNordea@nordea.com.
Only for candidates in Poland - Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/nordea-privacy-policy-for-applicants.pdf.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.