Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
- Managing multi-currencies invoice entry, payments and remittance advices.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate accounting function.
- Provide day-to-day bookkeeping support for the company.
- Review all journal vouchers and be a point of contact with external and internal stake holders.
- Prepare payment runs on a regular basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts on regular basis.
- Assist in maintenance of Fixed Assets Register and post journals.
- Assist in month-end closing process.
- Assist the finance lead in preparing and managing regulatory, management and financial reporting.
- Take ownership of “Agresso – Unit 4” ERP system ensuring the data is accurate and reconciling outputs to various data sources.
- Liaise with other departments and Sweden group finance to resolve any queries.
- Complete analysis of the employee expenditures with the new expense system.
- Reconciliation of supplier and customer ledgers.
- Assist with external and internal audit request.
- Adhoc requests to support the finance lead with day-to-day operations
- Pursuing professional qualification, part qualified ACCA/ CIMA
- Bachelor degree in Accounting & Finance
- Dealing with multicurrency
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Knowledge or experience of ERP system
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hit the ground running with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure